A special edition print of my hand-painted, illustrated map of Ingary, from Diana Wynne Jones' books Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Air and House of Many Ways. This edition is one of only three copies and has been hand finished with metallic gold gouache paint on the borders and little details throughout.
To create this map I read carefully through all three books, noting all the clues as to where everything was (Wynne Jones was very good at describing topography!), and what everything looked like. I then pieced the puzzle together to form this map. It took me many, many months to complete and you can read the full journey on my blog, in a three part series. For part one, click here.
* Originally hand painted in my home studio and painstakingly researched
* Available in this listing in the original 35 x 47 cm
* Professionally printed on eco-friendly hemp paper with a light texture making it look just like the original
* Hand signed and supplied with a certificate of authenticity
* One of a print run of only 3 copies
* Hand finished with metallic gold paint
(Please note that this is not from the Studio Ghibli film, but from the books that inspired it, which are different)